RailsConf 2010: Gary Vaynerchuk
@GaryVee hugging and kissing … another unforgettable keynote.
- Too many are out for the money and the exit, not building a business, product, company, culture, people, relationships.
- Running sprints (me attitude), close fast, instead of running a marathon.
- Bezos outsmarted competition, buying Zappos for $1.5bn, and doing cloud computing (which – computing – was a ‘need utility’ inside Amazon)
- Be thankful and grateful, not chasing effing numbers.
- You are writing your legacy right now.
- Don’t be a dick.
- You have to work your face off to make things happen.
We take too many things for granted (too fast) — start complaining, turning into whiner and cynic.
- The only thing there is, is culture. Companies are cultural driven (minute 30).
- Business Cycles.
- Men lie, women lie. Numbers don’t lie.
- It’s not about how much money you made. What matters is spending time with family. Doing things you love.
- You gotta be honest.